We make them every year – at least, many of us do. The whole notion has been so maligned that some of us have taken to keeping them private.
What’s wrong with making New Year’s resolutions? It’s as good a time as any, and a date that most of us can easily remember.
It’s a time to think back, take stock, and strive to do better. That’s what they’re about, aren’t they? If I really gave it some thought, I could come up with a very long list, but I think a shorter list is easier to focus on.
In that spirit, here are mine (NOT in order of importance – that’s a whole different can of worms):
- Lose 15 lb.
- Have more fun.
- Laugh more.
- Forgive faster.
- Judge less.
- Write more blog entries. (Actually, that could be write more just generally.)
- Finish writing the 5 books I’m working on.
- Pay more attention to the people who matter to me.
- Get rid of some of the clutter.
- Find meaningful work that also pays well.