Collaborative vs Individual
For the rest of their professional careers, most graduates will be working in teams rather than individually. We need not only to provide more opportunities to allow them to work in teams, but we must help them learn how to work in teams and find better ways to assess their team work. With tools such as Google Drive that supports collaborative work and that has the ability to track who does what, it is easier than ever before to allow encourage group work while still monitoring individual contributions.
Just to keep things organized: these are Reigeluth’s 8 core ideas for a new post-industrial paradigm of instruction:
- Learning-focused vs. sorting focused.
- Learner-centered vs. teacher-centered instruction.
- Learning by doing vs. teacher presenting.
- Attainment-based vs. time-based progress.
- Customized vs. standardized instruction.
- Criterion-referenced vs. norm-referenced testing.
- Collaborative vs. individual.
- Enjoyable vs. unpleasant. 
- C. M. Reigeluth, “Instructional Theory and Technology for the New Paradigm of Education,” Revista de Educación a Distancia, vol. 11, Sept. 30 2012 2012.