- Before you learn to code, think about what you want to code.
…..There’s nothing mystical about it (but she’s right, pointers and recursion are HARD, and not everyone gets those)
- It never works the first time.
And probably won’t the second or third time.
- Someone will always tell you you’re doing it wrong.
…..and my personal version of this:
“Thou Shalt Hate Everyone’s Code but Thine Own”
- Someone will always tell you you’re not a real coder
…forgive me, but this is especially true if you are a girl.
- Worrying about “geek cred” will slowly kill you.
- Sticking with it is more important than the method.
…..it’s that 10,000 hours thing….